The rapid development of technology is being felt in every industry, improving the provision of services and helping businesses find better ways of doing things. In the haulage industry, a number of new apps are transforming the way hauliers work by making journeys more efficient and enjoyable. But what are the best vehicle apps for hauliers and professional drivers of large vehicles in 2019?
Intruck makes it easy for drivers of large vehicles to plan ahead and identify the major truck stops on their routes and the facilities they have available.
– Get quick access to the locations, facilities, opening times and contact details of truck stops.
– Receive information about the available spaces at each stop and pre-book your place.
– Pay for your space using the SNAP cashless payment service for hauliers.
Similar to Intruck, the MotorwayBuddy app helps hauliers locate truck stops, truck washes and fuel stations, and provides a range of other useful functions.
– Access the addresses and phone numbers of truck stops and find out more about the facilities, spaces and costs.
– Receive a real-time view of all incidents on UK roads.
– Make cashless payments for truck stops and truck washes using BuddyPay.
NavTruck UK & Ireland is the first voice-guided GPS navigation app designed specifically for professional drivers of trucks and other large vehicles.
– Receive safe and reliable directions on truck-legal roads, with truck-restricted and prohibited roads accounted for.
– Get the most appropriate directions based on the weight, width, height and load type of your vehicle.
– Create custom profiles for easy switching between vehicles.
Google Maps provides real-time traffic and transit information as well as details about local businesses, places to eat and points of interest.
– Beat the traffic with real-time congestion updates and ETAs based on the latest road conditions.
– Receive automatic rerouting based on road closures, incidents and traffic to help you reach your destination more quickly.
– It’s completely free!
TruckerTimer is an advanced tachograph software and driving log, that helps professional drivers track their driving hours and comply with EU and domestic driving hours regulations.
– Supports EU, AETR and UK heavy vehicle fatigue regulations.
– Provides a graphical countdown for each rule so you can quickly see where you stand.
– Allows users to switch between regulatory systems in seconds and implement advanced rules such as split breaks, 15-hour spreads and more.
Like TruckerTimer, Manifest Smart Time Tracker is a timing app that makes it easier to track your time and store the timings from several journeys in one accessible place.
– Users can set journey goals and keep track of progress.
– The smart goals will automatically adjust when you’re ahead or behind schedule.
– Provides an at-a-glance view of how long you have spent driving each day.
With CamScanner, there’s no more worrying about keeping track of all those physical receipts. Instead, simply scan and store receipts, delivery notes and more and do away with physical copies.
– Scan, save, archive and upload images and documents in seconds, wherever you are.
– Drivers can share documents with the office and clients via email, WhatsApp, WeChat and other social networks.
– Documents can be printed wirelessly or faxed to more than 30 countries and regions.
As a haulier, it pays to have vehicle apps that can keep you entertained. TuneIn brings you live internet radio, music, sports, news and podcasts from around the world so you can listen on any device, wherever you are.
– Stream your favourite radio stations live.
– Access a library of more than 40,000 audiobooks.
– Listen to live coverage of sporting events, concerts and more.
Keep an eye on the Transmode blog for more of the latest haulage news, advice and tips, or contact us today to find out more about our flexible road solutions.